Unit 5 Nelson Mandela-a modern hero
1. We had a ________(平静的)afternoon without the children.
2. The drug was tested over a five-week ____.(时期)
3. He was permitted to ______(继续)with his work while in prison.
4. You're putting me in rather a difficult ____(形势).
5. The hills were covered with a thick ____(毛毯)of snow.
6. In general, children of ____(受到教育过的) parents tend to get better grades.
7. When marchers gathered on a third day of protest, ____(暴力)erupted and buildings were burned.
8. The school has a system of ____(奖金)and punishments to encourage good
9. I was sure he was involved in some kind of ____(罪犯) activity .
10. People fled in ____(恐怖) as fire tore through the building.
7.爆炸 __ 8.把…投入监狱 _____________
Read the passage silently and quickly tell whether they are true or false.
(1)Elias met Nelson Mandela at school. ( )
(2)Nelson Mandela was a black lawyer. ( )
(3)Elias was unable to read or write because he was lazy. ( )
(4)Nelson Mandela helped him keep his job。()
(5)Elias was happy blowing up the government buildings. ( )
(6)Nelson Mandela believed that black people were being treated as well as white people in South Africa. ( )
(7)Nelson Mandela thought violence was a good way to help black people.( )
(8)The government were happy with Nelson Mandela and the ANC ( )
Choose the best answer to complete each sentence.
1.Elias was unhappy in the prison because______
A. he was kept with the criminals
B. the prison guards studied with him
C. he had to study
D. he could not study for a degree
2.Nelson Mandela showed how good a leader he was because________
第 1 页共24 页金太阳新课标资源网http://www.360docs.net/doc/info-a67db6b8c77da26925c5b0c7.html