对于安全,由于无奈,我选择了视而不见

对于安全,由于无奈,我选择了视而不见
对于安全,由于无奈,我选择了视而不见

I Chose To Look The Other Way

我选择了视而不见

I could have saved a life that day,

我那天本可以拯救一个生命,

But I chose to look the other way.

但是我却选择了视而不见。

It wasn’t that I didn’t care;

那并不是我不在乎,

I had the time, and I was there.

我有时间,并且我就在现场。

But I didn’t want to seem a fool,

但是,我不想像一个傻瓜一样,

Or argue over a safety rule.

为了一个安全的规则而喋喋不休。

I knew he’d done the job before;

我知道他以前做过这个工作;

If I spoke up he might get sore.

如果我指出他的错误,他一定会对我发脾气。

The chances didn’t seem that bad;

并且,事情看起来也没有危险;

I’d done the same, he knew I had.

我以前也这样干过,他也知道我以前这样干过。

So I shook my head and walked on by;

所以,我摇摇头走开了;

He knew the risks as well as I.

他跟我一样明白其中的风险。

He took the chance, I closed an eye;

他铤而走险,我却睁一只眼闭一只眼;

And with that act, I let him die.

就因为我这样做了,我眼睁睁的看着他死去。

I could have saved a life that day,

我那天本可以拯救他的生命,

But I chose to look the other way.

但是我却选择了视而不见。

Now every time I see his wife,

如今我每次看到他的太太,

I know I should have saved his life.

我知道我可以拯救他的生命(都会自责没有能挽救他丈夫的生命)。That guilt is something I must bear;

心中永远都有那份愧疚;

But it isn’t something you need share.

但是,我却无处倾述。

If you see a risk that others take,

如果你看到别人在冒风险,

That puts their health or life at stake,

那是拿他们的健康和生命在试风险,

The question asked or thing you say;

或许只需要你只言片语的提醒;

Could help them live another day.

能帮助他们活下来。

If you see a risk and walk away,

如果你看见别人铤而走险,而你却置之不理,Then hope you never have to say,

但愿你永远不要说:

“I could have saved a life that day, “我那天本可以拯救他的生命,

But I chose to look the other way.”

但是,我却选择了视而不见。

相关主题
相关文档
最新文档