一个购物狂的自白 Confessions of a Shopaholic 双语剧本

一个购物狂的自白 Confessions of a Shopaholic 双语剧本


When I was a little girl,
当我还是个小女孩的时候
there were real prices and mom prices.
东西分成原价和妈妈价两类
Real prices got you shiny, sparkly things that lasted three weeks,
原价是能让你耀眼三周的东西
and mom prices got you brown things...
而妈妈价是...褐色的东西
... that lasted forever.
可以用一辈子
You notice they were 50 percent off?
你留意到这双鞋可是打5折?
Look at...
- 看看...
But when I looked into shop windows,
但当我看着商店的橱窗
I saw another world.
我看到了另一个世界
A dreamy world full of perfect things.
一个充满完美商品的梦幻世界
A world where grown-up girls got what they wanted.
一个成年女子能拥有一切的世界
They were beautiful.
她们太美了
Like fairies or princesses.
就像仙女和公主一样
They didn't even need any money, they had magic cards.
她们甚至不需要钱 她们有魔法卡
I wanted one.
我也想有一张
Little did I know...
小时候我怎么也没想到
... I would end up with 12.
我居然有了12张
Rebecca Bloomwood. Occupation: Journalist.
Rebecca Bloomwood 职业:记者
Jacket: Visa. Dress: AMEX.
外套:Visa卡 连衣裙:AMEX卡
Belt: MasterCard.
皮带:MasterCard卡
It's vintage. And I got one percent cash back.
这是古典款式 我还得到1%的现金回馈
Bag: Gucci!
手袋:Gucci的!
And worth every penny.
花多少钱都值得
Moving to New York, I met guys.
搬到纽约来 我会遇上一些男人
And that kind of put things in perspective.
让我对一切充满期待
'Cause you know that thing, when you see someone cute and he smiles,
因为当你遇到一帅哥 他对着你笑
and your heart kind of goes
你的心就会像
like warm butter sliding down hot toast?
暖暖的奶油被涂在热吐司上
Well, that's what it's like when I see a store.
嗯 这就是我看到商店的感觉
Only it's better.
只是感觉更美妙
You see, a man will never love you
你知道 男人永远不会像
or treat you as well as a store.
商店那样子爱你 款待你
If a man doesn't fit, you can't exchange him seven days later
要是男人不合适 你也不能7天内退货
for a gorgeous cashmere sweater.
把他换成羊绒毛衣
And a store always smells good.
商店里的味道总是那么清新
A store can awaken a lust for things
商店总能燃起你的欲望
you never even knew you needed.
渴求你不曾知道你需要的东西
And when your fingers grasp those shiny, new bags...
当你的手指抓住那些闪亮的新手袋...
Oh, yes! Oh, yes!
噢 就是这样!噢 就是这样!
Oh, no... I spent $900.
噢 不...我花了900元
So you are covering the yard and tool expo, right?
你负责报道园艺及工具博览会 对吧?
I'm on it.
交给我好了
OK, don't panic.
好吧 别惊慌
Calm. Calm. Bloomingdale's.
冷静 冷静

Bloomingdale's(美国奢侈品连锁店)
Well, that would be the pants.
嗯 那是裤子
I had to get the pants to match the...
我需要那条裤子来衬...
- Oh, shoes. - I...
- 噢 鞋子 - 我...
Hold on...
等一下...
- Somebody's stolen my credit card! - Oh, my God.
- 有人偷了我的信用卡! - 噢 天呀
Somebody has stolen my credit card and gone
有人偷了我的信用卡
on an insane spending spree around New York.
而且在纽约到处乱花钱
- No! - Yeah!
- 不! - 是呀!
Outdoor World? I've never been to Outdoor World.
户外世界?我从来没去过户外世界
Yes, you have.
不 你去过
- You bought that tent, remember? - No, I didn't.
- 你买了个帐篷 记得吗? - 不 我没有
- For Kristen's going-away present. - Never seen a tent.
- 是Kristen的欢送礼物 - 我从没见过帐篷
I organized the collection and gave you the money.
我负责筹款 然后把钱给你了
Oh...
噢...
"Special skills: Fencing"? Fluent in Finnish?
"特殊技能: 剑术?" 芬兰语流利?
What? Who doesn't pad their resume?
怎么了?谁不美化他们的简历?
Shoe! Thanks.
鞋子!谢谢
Why can't you get changed in your own office?
你怎么不在自己的办公室里换衣服?
And let everyone at Gardening Today
让<今日园艺>的每个人都知道
know I've secretly arranged an interview at Alette magazine?
我秘密地接受杂志的面试?
Did I mention I have an interview at Alette magazine?
我提到我要去杂志面试了吗?
Only about a billion times.
说过好几百次了
- OK... - It's kind of a leap, isn't it?
- 好吧... - 感觉这变化有点大 对吧?
Gardening to fashion?
从园艺到时尚?
I mean, not that I meant you couldn't do it...
我是说 不是说你做不到...
Suze... since I was 14 I wanted to work at Alette magazine.
Suze...14岁开始 我就想替杂志工作
If I can just get this job I will be happy forever.
要是我能得到这份工作 我就能永远都开开心心了
Wow.

Rebecca, you just got a credit card bill of $900.
Rebecca 你才收到900美元的信用卡账单
You do not need a scarf.
你不需要围巾了
Then again...
是呀...
...who needs a scarf?
...谁需要围巾?
Wrap some old jeans around your neck, that'll keep you warm.
在脖子上围条旧牛仔裤 就能保暖了
That's what your mother would do.
你妈就会那样
You're right, she would.
说得对 她就是这么做的
The point about this scarf is that
关键是这条围巾
it would become part of a definition of your...
它会成为你的象征...
Of your psyche.
你精神的象征
Do you see what I mean?
你明白我的意思了吗?
No, I do. Keep talking.
嗯 我明白 继续说
It would make your eyes look bigger.
它会让你眼睛看上去更大
Mmm...
嗯...
It would make my haircut look more expensive.
它会让我的发型看上去更昂贵
You'd wear it with everything.
它配什么都好


It would be an investment.
这是一项投资
You would walk into that interview confident.
这样你面试时会充满自信
- Confident. - And poised.
- 自信 - 而且泰然自若
- Poised. - The girl in the green scarf.
- 泰然自若 - 那个围绿色围巾的女孩
The green scarf, please.
我要这条绿色围巾 谢谢
Good choice. It's the last one.
选得好 这是最后一条了
That'll be $120. How would you like to pay?
谢谢你120元 你想怎么付款呢?
Here's $50 in cash, can you put 30 on this card...
给你50元现金 这张卡刷30元...
Ten on that.
这张10元
Twenty on that.
这张20元
- It's so cute. - Declined.
- 它太好看了 - 被拒了
Really? Could you just... Could you try it again?
什么?你能不能... 你能不能再试一次?
Really declined.
真的被拒了
- Could you put this to one side? - I can't hold sale items.
- 你能不能把它放到一边...? - 打折商品无法保留
- Excuse me. It's an emergency. - Back of the line!
- 让一下 紧急情况 - 到后面排队!
Excuse me, this is an emergency. Excuse you, excuse me!
不好意思 这是紧急情况 你让一让 不好意思!
- Do you do cash back? - What?
- 你能兑现吗? - 什么?
If I give you a check for $23, will you give me
要是我给你一张23元的支票 你能不能给我
one of your hot dogs and $20 cash back, please?
一个热狗和20块现金 拜托你了?
- Do I look like a bank? - I have an interview.
- 我看上去像银行吗? - 我待会有个面试
They don't hold items. It's a desperately important scarf.
但他们不能保留打折商品 那是条极重要的围巾
Desperately important scarf.
极重要的围巾
Know what? It's for my great-aunt. She's in the hospital.
你知道吧? 是送给我婶祖母 她住院了
Can you ask them to turn the heating up?
你不能让医院把暖气温度调高吗?
Want mustard with that?
需要加芥末吗?
Please. I will buy all of your hot dogs.
求求你了 我买下你所有的热狗
- You'll take 97 hot dogs? - Done.
- 你97个热狗都买了? - 成交
Who do I make it...
我要怎么...
That means you just paid $23 for a hot dog!
你这是花了23元买一个热狗!
You want your scarf, I want my hot dog.
你想要你的围巾 我想要我的热狗
Cost and worth are very different things.
价格和价值不是一回事
Thank you! My aunt will really appreciate it.
谢谢你!我婶祖母会很感谢你的
- Hi. - Hi.
- Hi. - 嗨
- 嗨
I'm here for the interview at Alette magazine.
我是来杂志面试的
Alette... Oh, filled, internally. Yesterday.
...噢 满了 昨天说内部招到人了
They did post it on the Web. Let's see, who got the job?
他们在网页贴了出来 让我看看 是谁得到了这份工作?
Oh... Speak of the devil.
噢...说曹操曹操到
Alicia... Billington.
Alicia... Billington.
She has the longest legs in the world.
她拥有世界上最长的腿
She

notes resentfully.
她心里一清二楚
Great. Faulty.
好极了 包都出问题了
- Nice scarf. - Thanks. I bought it for the interview.
- 围巾很不错 - 谢谢 我为了面试买的
Scusi... Come on.
等一下...过来
As we speak, interviews are being held
这会儿 正好有个面试
at Successful Saving.
在<成功理财>
- The money magazine? - Snort not, sweet child.
- 金融杂志? - 不要小看它 孩子
Alette may be your Emerald City,
也许才是你的翡翠城
but Successful Saving could be your yellow-brick road.
但是<成功理财>可以成为你的踏脚石
Dantay-West is a family of magazines that acts like a family.
Dantay-West是像大家庭一样的出版集团
Deeply nepotistic. Ugh.
非常偏袒内部人才
So my advice to you, dear Dorothy,
我给你的意见是 亲爱的桃乐西
is thus... Once you're in... you're in.
所以...一旦加入了...就是自家人了
I'm in.
我加入
Hello, Successful Saving.
你好 <成功理财>
Ms. Bloomwood?
Bloodwood小姐?
So what form does this interview take?
这个面试是什么形式的?
Is it just mainly a general chat, hobbies...
是概况的了解 兴趣什么的...
Oh, no, no, no. It's very specific on finance.
噢 不 不 不 就是专门谈论金融方面的
Butterfly investments, futures. That sort of thing.
投資的蝴蝶效应 期货 之类的东西
- But he's worth 1.2 billion... - Good luck.
- 但是它值12亿元... - 祝你好运
- Thanks. - We talked and talked. Said nothing.
- 谢谢 - 我们谈了那么久 一点用也没有
Yeah, of course I did. He understands the rules.
对 当然了 他明白规则是怎样的
It's always... Of course we got the bill.
它总是...当然我们能拿到钱
Listen, I've got to go. I'm interviewing.
听着 我得挂了 我得面试
Mm-mm. Yeah, no, not me... Bye.
嗯 对 不 不是我...再见
Sorry about that. Right, um, Rebecca...
抱歉 好了 嗯 Rebecca...
- Ah! We met! - Hi! We did. Thank you.
- 噢!我们见过面了! - 嗨!我们见过了 谢谢你
Sick aunt, scarf. Yep. Did you get it to her?
生病的婶婶 围巾 对吧 你把围巾给她了吗?
I did. And when a stranger is kind like that, it's just...
给了 一个陌生人像你那么友善 实在是...
- Wow. - That's lovely. Um...
- 哇 - 那很好 嗯...
- Do you have a resume for me? - I do. Yes, I do!
- 你带简历来了吗? - 我带了 嗯 我带来!
Ah...
嗯...
I... could pretty much just tell you.
我...告诉你也一样吧
My name is Rebecca Bloomwood,
我名字叫Rebecca Bloomwood
I've been a journalist for five years.
我做记者已经五年了
I'm very comfortable juggling numbers,
我对篡改数字非常在行
I speak fluent Finnish, I know...
我会说流利的芬兰语 我知道...
- Finnish? - Yes, Finnish.
- 芬兰语? - 对 芬兰语
- I'm also... - That's interesting. Why Finnish?
- 我也... - 这很有趣 你怎么会芬兰语?
What's behind you?

你后面的是什么?
- Um... - Oh, my God.
- 嗯 - 噢 天呀
Oh, it's a naked man. Oh, sorry.
噢 是个赤裸的男人 很抱歉
It gave me such a fright. I, uh...
我吓到了 我...
I didn't know what it was. Clearly, he's beheaded.
我不知道那是什么 显然他头被砍了
Who would do that to him?
是谁这么做的?
Well, a few questions.
嗯 我有几个问题
But, look! Makes you wonder
但是 看呀!会让你想知道
what they're looking at on the fifth floor, right?
5楼的人会看到啥 对吧?
You could turn your desk around and just stare at it all day.
你可以把桌子转过去 就能整天对着他
I would.
我就...
- Not. - Ms. Bloomwood.
- 不会 - Bloodwood小姐
I'm not a pervert.
我不是变态的
Sit down.
坐下来
I'm sorry, I'm terrible at interviews.
我很抱歉 我面试太糟糕了
Any financial stories that have caught your eye recently?
你最近都关注哪些金融事件?
Yes. And I am glad that you brought that up.
嗯 我很高兴你这么问
Because I am furious. No, I really am.
因为我很愤怒 是的 说真的
No, I mean, what is the story with the recent fish crisis?
我是说 最近的鱼类危机是怎么回事?
Fish crisis?
鱼类危机?
- Fiscal... crisis. - Fiscal crisis.
- 国库...危机 - 国库危机
- Terrifying. Fiscally, I mean. - How so?
- 太可怕了 国库的 我是说 - 为什么呢?
- For the fiscal family. - I'm sorry.
- 因为在国库里 - 对不起
- Not a moment too soon. - Ms. Bloomwood, you dropped your scarf.
- 没关系 - Bloodwood小姐 你的围巾掉了
She died.
她死了
Oh, Ms. Bloomwood, you have had a very, very tough 25 minutes.
噢 Bloodwood小姐 刚才的25分钟可真难熬啊
I'm glad you understand! So many people just... Right.
很高兴你明白!很多人就是...对
OK, so I would propose we curtail...
好吧 我想我们可以缩短...
Did you just scrub my name off?
你是不是把我名字划掉了?
- Oh, no. Routine. - That seems premature.
- 噢 不 惯例而已 - 这太过早了吧
OK, I'm gonna propose that we curtail this interview forthwith.
好吧 我提议我们马上结束这次面试
So I'll leave you and your numbers,
我会离开 留下你和你的数字
but thank you very much for seeing me,
但是谢谢你见我
and I appreciate... Oh!
我很感激...噢!
I appreciate everything. Good day.
我很感激一切 祝你顺利
Good day.
祝你顺利
Come on. Let's go give Mrs. Great Outdoors her tent.
别这样 让我们把帐篷给Great太太吧
She's not retiring.
她不是退休
- What? - She's abandoning a sinking ship.
- 什么? - 她是离弃一艘沉船
That little rat! The magazine's folding and she knew!
那个卑鄙小人! 杂志社要倒闭了 她知道的!
She knew and she didn't tell anybody.
她知道 但是她不告诉我们
Well, on the bright side, you hated working for that magazine.
嗯 从好的方面来看 你讨厌在那工作呀
It

was my income, Suze. I need my income!
那是我的收入来源 Suze 我需要收入!
OK, Bex, the most important thing is not to panic.
好吧 Bex 最重要的是别惊慌
- Don't answer the phone! - No!
- 别接电话! - 不!
- It might be a debt collector! - Hello?
- 也许是债务人! - 你好?
- It's Derek Smeath. - The list. Get the list!
- 是Derek Smeath - 列表 把列表拿来!
- I think I saw it over here. - Take the lamp!
- 我想我看到它在那里 - 拿着这台灯
- It's here! - Bloomingdale's...
- 在这里! - BIoomingdaIe's连锁店...
- Hospital for depression. - Detained in Finland on work.
- 去医院治疗抑郁 - 因工作滞留在芬兰
Visa, dead dog.
Visa那废物
All City Debt Collection. You have to do it.
城市债务追讨公司 你来说
- Hello! Hi! - Ms. Bloomwood?
- 你好! 嗨! - Bloodwood小姐?
- Hello. - I'm sorry. It's actually not.
- 你好 - 很抱歉 我不是她
She's still recovering from... You know... OK.
她还在恢复...你知道...好吧
I'll have her call you as soon as...
我会让她尽快打给你
- Yes? - As soon as she's come back
- 对 - 只要她一回来
- from... From... - Finland! Finland!
- 从...从... - 芬兰!芬兰!
- Clearly she's not too... - Aah!
- 显然她还没有... - 呃!
Why do so many of your excuses involve Finland?
怎么你那么多借口都和芬兰有关?
'Cause no one checks up on Finland, Tarkie.
因为没有人会去芬兰查 Tarkie
How am I going to pay you the rent now?
现在我怎么付你房租呢?
Well, I'm ripping up your rent check!
嗯 我马上把你的房租支票撕掉!
No, Suze, you can't do it again.
不 Suze 你不能再这么做了
It's my apartment, well, my parent's apartment,
这是我的公寓 嗯 其实是我父母的
- but it's my rules. - I'm gonna buy you the biggest present.
- 但是规矩是我定的 - 我要给你买一份最大的礼物
I am! I know where I'm going to go. There's a sale at Macy's!
是的!我知道去哪儿最好 梅西百货正在大减价!
Tarkie...
Tarkie...
I'll be at my place.
我会在我家里的
Thanks, baby. Bex, I'll get the tequila, you get the bills.
谢谢你 宝贝 Bex 我去拿龙舌兰酒 你去拿账单
I'll do this. It can't be that bad.
我来吧 不会那么糟的
It's just like a Band-Aid. It's gonna be fine.
这就像是撕创可贴 会没事的
Bex! Two hundred dollars on Marc Jacobs underwear?
Bex!你在Marc Jacobs 花了2百美元买内衣?
Oh, underwear is a basic human right.
噢 内衣是基本人权呀
Seventy-eight dollars on lavender honey!
薰衣草蜜花了78元!
I felt sorry for the shop assistant. She had a lazy eye.
我替商店助理感到抱歉 她眼神太懒散了
I didn't know which way she was looking. It was so sad.
我不知道她在看哪个方向 太糟糕了
I can't even talk about this one.
这个我都不想开口了
A foot spa? What were you doing at a foot spa?
脚部水疗?你去哪里干嘛?

Let's take a break.
我们休息一下吧
They said I was a valued customer.
他们说我是非常重要的客人
Now they send me hate mail.
现在他们给我寄威胁信了
Bex.
Bex
Oh, God...
噢 天呀...
How are you going to pay off sixteen thousand twelve hundred
你怎么能还得了16262.70元?
and 62 dollars and 70 cents with no job?
而且你连工作都没有了?
I could win the lottery.
我可以中彩票
Maybe you should have a backup plan.
也许你该有个B计划
Oh! Backup plan, I got it, I got it. Backup plan.
噢! B计划 我想到了 我想到了 B计划
OK. When Tarkie thought of his dream job,
好吧 当Tarkie想到他梦想的工作
he, um, wrote this proposal just about him, you know,
他会写个自己的计划 你知道吧
what he's made of and that's what you can do.
写写他真实的自我 你也可以啊
You can write a fashion piece and send it to Alette.
你可以写篇时尚文稿 寄到
Like, "Hey, Alette, look what I can do!"
就像说"嘿 看看我能做什么!"
You just gotta figure out what to write about.
你只需要想想写点什么
"Consider your shoe an investment.
"把你的鞋子当作是一项投资
Everything is resting upon it.
一切都取决于它
The most important point is that every shoe
最重要的是每一双鞋子
should earn its place in your..."
都应该赢得你的..."
Bex, this is so funny. You're so smart.
Bex 这太有趣了 你太聪明了
- You're the best writer ever! - Do you like it?
- 你是史上最好的作者! - 你喜欢吗?
- You're fabulous! - Wait! Another one.
- 你太难以置信了! - 等一下!再写一封
To that guy at that savings thingy magazine who didn't hire me.
给<成功理财>那个不请我的男人
"Dear Uptight Editor...
"亲爱的拮据编辑...
- You can stick your job up your ass." - Man on a bike!
- 那份工作你留着放屁吧" - 骑单车的男人!
Hello!
你好!
"Here's $20. Buy yourself some decent clothes."
"这里有20元 给自己买点得体的衣服吧"
I'm back!
我回来了!
Oh, my God. Oh, my God.
噢 天呀 噢 天呀
This is for Alette magazine.
这是给杂志的
Please, please. Kiss it for good luck.
拜托了 拜托了亲吻它 祈求好运
- Mwah! - And this one...
- 还有这个...
...is for Mr. Successful Saving.
...是给成功理财先生的
Bleah... Money, money, money.
恶...钱 钱 钱
I better get the job, I've got no money.
我最好得到那份工作 我没有钱了
I've got no money.
我没有钱了
# You put the lime in the coconut...
* 你把石灰撒到椰子上... *
Doesn't this just cheer you up?
这不令你高兴吗?
- It's not working, Mom. - Come on, you'll get another job.
- 没效果 妈妈 - 别这样 你会得到另一份工作的
Life is like a swap meet. You never know
生活就像旧物交换会 你永远不知道
when great riches...
财富的出现...
...are going to turn up unexpectedly.

通常是不可预料的
What can I get for a quarter?
25美分能买些什么?
This!
这个!
- Comme son - It's fantastic.
- 是吗? - 好看极了
- What are they gettin' for that? - It's growing on me.
- 那个要多少钱? - 越看越喜欢
- How much for this? - Twenty dollars.
- 这个多少钱? - 20元
- Oh! - Ola?
- 噢! - 你好?
Um, Rebecca. Luke Brandon, Successful Saving.
Rebecca 我是<成功理财>的Luke Brandon
Yes?
你好?
Sorry to call so early, but I got your letter.
抱歉那么早打给你 但是我收到你的信件了
And I have to say it was a bit of a surprise.
我得说我有点惊讶
Well, I hope I made my point.
嗯 我希望我表明了我的观点
Oh, you did. You did. Very well.
哦 确实 你写得十分清楚
The whole metaphor. Very clever.
尤其是隐喻部分 非常机智
Yes, wasn't it. The whole metaphor was...
那可不 对吧 这个比隐喻简直是...
Wait... What? I'm sorry...
等等... 什么? 抱歉没听清...
Describing the principles of security investment
形容证券投资的准则
in terms of the way different women purchase different shoes
从不同女性选择鞋子的角度入手
was... different.
真是很... 别出心裁
Hello? Sounds like you might be in the middle of something.
喂? 听着你那边很嘈杂啊
I was trying to say that it gave me an idea.
我要说的是这让我突然有个想法
Would you like to come in? I don't...
你想加入我们吗? 我并不是...
Can I help you, dear?
宝贝 有什么想买的吗?
I think I just sent the editor of Alette magazine $20
我刚给Alette杂志社的编辑寄了20美元
to buy herself decent clothes and stick her job up her ass.
来买点体面的衣服 保住饭碗
These go...
这些是给...
- Hey, clothes for Alette. - I'll call her assistant.
- 嘿 AIette需要的衣服 - 我会打给她的助理的
Hi. Clothes are here for Alette's approval.
嘿 衣服先放这儿等待AIette挑选
She'll be right out.
她一会出来
What do you think about you and me going out on Friday night?
周五晚上跟我出去约会怎样?
- Ooh... - I mean, if you want to.
- 哦... - 我是说 如果你愿意的话
Would you like to go out on Friday night?
你周五晚想出去吗?
I don't know. I might have plans.
我还不知道呢 可能会有计划吧
You might... Do you ever wear any of this stuff?
你可以... 你有穿过这里的衣服吗?
Some of it's a little far out for me.
有些对我来说不太合适
- Totally far out. - Yeah.
- 太不合适了 - 没错
It's crazy, but I guess that's the world of high fashion?
太疯狂了 我想这就是时尚吧?
- Yes. - Yeah, I know about that.
- 没错 - 对 我知道的
I am one of the best. I don't let this out of my sight.
我做得很好 不会失职的
I guard it with my life.
我用生命来保护这些东西
A lot of pressure on me
我压力很大啊
to make sure everyone gets these letters...
要确保信送到

每个人手上...
- Get them there on time. - Got to get my job done.
- 准时送达 - 必须要完成我的工作
See, I take my job very seriously.
瞧 我严谨得对待我的工作
- Yes. And to deliver... - Oh, really?
- 没错 要投递... - 哦 真的?
And to deliver the mail, but as the mail carrier
要投递信件 作为一个邮递员
it's a lot of pressure on me to get people their letters,
把信送到大家手上对我来说压力很大
I've never lost a letter yet.
我从没弄丢过一封信
I want no more vertical buttonholes.
我再也不想看到竖排扣眼的设计了
I'm so bored with vertical buttonholes.
我烦死这种设计了
Is this for the Kaleidoscope shoot with Paolo?
这是给Paolo拍摄"万花筒"主题的衣服吗?
Oh, but this!
哦 这件不要!
Cavalli. He has read my mind.
Cavalli 他太了解我了
It's marvelous. We can use it all.
太棒了 这些衣服都可以用
Take it in.
推进去
Oh, God. What are you doing?
哦 天啊 你怎么在这儿?
This is Alette. Is this where you should be?
这是Alette杂志社 这是你该来的地方吗?
Oh, yes. Oh, yes.
哦 对 哦 对
Dantay-West didn't hire me to be an editor of this magazine.
Dantay West并不仅仅是 邀我来出任这本杂志的编辑
They hired me to throw it a rope and pull it out of the swamp.
他们希望我拯救它脱离泥沼
And that's...
这就是...
Hi, everyone. I'm Rebecca Bloomwood.
大家好 我是Rebecca Bloomwood
Sit down, Rebecca.
坐下 Rebecca
What makes a magazine move from the newsstands?
是什么使得一本杂志在报刊亭中脱颖而出?
Real, unvarnished stories,
是真实的 质朴的故事
whether the people that we are writing about like them or not.
这在于我们描写的人物是否逼真
Successful Saving is currently the People magazine
成功理财杂志现在是 财经报业中的"人物杂志"
of financial journalism, and this is where that ends.
这也是终极目标
From now...
从今天起...
Sorry.
对不起
From now on we don't copy, we examine.
从今天起 我们不再模仿 我们去试验
- We probe. - Ooh!
- 我们去调查 - 哦!
I liked your piece. I said that on the phone.
我喜欢你那篇稿子 我电话里提过了
- Good. Good. - Hayley!
- 好 好 - HayIey!
What do you say a three-week trial.
来三周的实习期怎么样
- And give her this cubicle. - Oh, this one's lovely.
- 给她这张办公桌 - 哦 真不错啊
They're all three by six.
这桌子都是3*6米规格的
You can start with a thousand words on the effect of changing
你可以先写一篇关于利率变化
interest rate on store card APRs.
对信用卡的年利率的影响 一千字
Good.
好的
You still have the label on your new glasses.
你的眼镜上还挂着标签呢
What? Oh.
什么? 哦
You took a job at a savings magazine? You?
你在理财财经杂志上班? 你?
I know it sounds bad, but it is, in fact,
我也知道听着挺

怪的 但确实如此 已成事实
part of a very structured plan.
像是规划得很好的计划的一部分
Yeah, that's great, but then in a lot of ways
没错 这很棒 但从很多方面来说
it's kinda not great. What do they call it
也不见得是个美差 那句话怎么说来着?
when an animal rights person gets trampled to death by a cow?
就像是动物保护协会的人 被头牛踩死的时候?
I don't think there is a word for that.
没有这种说法吧
"Ironic." Ironic that Rebecca Bloomwood
''讽刺'' 对于Rebecca Bloomwood来说
is advising people on how to handle money.
她要教大家如何理财 真是讽刺
But I guess it would be nice
但我觉得这也不错
if my maid of honor could afford her own dress.
如果我的伴娘能买得起自己的裙子
- He asked? - Yes!
- 他求婚了? - 对!
Oh, my God! You should've been there.
哦 天啊! 你真该也在那儿的
- How did he say it? - Hey!
- 他怎么说的? - 嘿!
The, uh, credit limit on your card was reached.
你的卡达到信用额度极限了
You know, I think I want my husband- to-be to propose to me in Barneys.
我希望我未来老公 能在巴尼斯纽约精品店跟我求婚
- What are you doing? - Nothing.
- 你在干嘛? - 没啥
- Yes, you are. - I just found the perfect book for you.
- 不 你有干啥 - 我给你找到这本最适合你的书
Control Your Urge to Shop, with Garrett E. Barton.
控制你的购物欲 由Garrett E. Barton主讲
That's me.
就是敝人
Do you find yourself constantly drawn toward stores?
最近你是否发现自己沉迷于商场购物?
- Yes. - Nope.
- 对 - 没有
Does your heart quicken when you see new merchandise
看到新款商品你是否心跳加速
in neatly stacked piles?
整齐的叠堆起来的商品?
- Yes! This guy's good. - No.
- 对! 这人说得没错 - 不
Did you answer no to these questions and are consequently in denial?
对这些问题你是否回答"不" 也在抵制?
- Yes. - No!
- 是的 - 不!
Did you just say "no" again?
你是不是又答了''不''?
- No. - Yes.
- 不 - 是的
Step one: de-clutter your life. Throw it all out.
第一步: 清理你的生活 统统丢弃
Just box it up and toss it!
装起来 丢了!
Simplicity and order are your new watchwords.
简洁有序将是你的新口号
Excuse me. Hello?
抱歉 你好?
It's a fresh start calling.
这个来电呼唤着新的开始
And it's for you.
你的新开始
On your way to work,
在你上班途中
ignore the siren call of the store window.
忽视那些橱窗里发来的诱惑之声
Your new mantra is, "Do I need this?"
你的新祷告文是 ''我需要这个吗?''
No.
不要
What's this?
这是什么?
A thousand words on store card APRs?
关于信用卡年利率的一千字稿件?
Which looks as if it's been copied straight out of Money for Dummies.
看着像是从"傻瓜理财"书上直接抄下来的
No, I wanted a thousand words on APRs from an ang

le.
不 我要的是你从某个角度 来写信用卡的年利率变化
Is that not an angle?
这不就是一个角度吗?
Not unless you call "head-on" an angle.
除非你把''平板陈述''也称之为角度
- No, I don't. - Try it again.
- 不 我没有 - 重写
- Remind me why I hired you. - OK.
- 就当提醒我为啥要雇用你 - 好的
Rebecca?
Rebecca?
Did you just type "good angles on APRs" into Google?
你刚刚是否拿谷歌搜 ''写年利率的好角度''?
Yes. I Googled.
是的 我拿谷歌搜了
- Am I fired? - Get your coat.
- 我被炒了? - 拿起你的外套
You know these guys, right?
你认识这些人 对吧?
Comintex? Communications company?
Comintex ? 通信公司?
Yes. Absolutely.
是的 当然
This year has been a year of unparalleled growth
今年对于整个通信业来说
in the communications industry.
经历了空前的发展
Overall, pal. Not in your company.
总体来说 伙计 你们公司可不是这样的
For us, at Comintex,
对于我们Comintex公司而言
profits reflect that this has been a year of acquisitions,
利润反映出今年公司所得
both of APL and of the Dutch fiber-optic company, Zandak.
对于APL以及荷兰的光线公司Zandak都是一样的
Neatly masking the 24 million in bonuses
巧妙的掩盖了发放的2千4百万的奖金
- these guys paid themselves. - Hmph. I know.
- 他们发给自己 - 呣 可不是嘛
Now, what we have here, Rebecca, is a situation in which someone
现在 我们所需做的 Rebecca 在这种情况下就是需要有人
needs to be asking some very hard questions.
去提一些刁难的问题
- Absolutely. - Put your hand up.
- 必须的 - 快举手
- What? No! - Put your hand up.
- 什么? 不要! - 快举手
I don't have hard-hitting questions.
我可没啥刁钻的问题可问的
- I'll give you questions. - I'm gonna take notes.
- 我告诉你几个问题 - 我还是做笔记吧
- No, Put your hand up. - I'm more of a student.
- 不 快举手 - 我不过是个新手而已
You'll be fine. Put your hand up.
你没问题的 快举手
Hello. Hi. Hello.
哈罗 你好 哈罗
- He's not listening. He can't hear me. - Louder. Stand up.
- 他没听见 他听不见 - 大声点 站起来
- Rebecca Bloomwood! ...should see a...
- Rebecca Bloomwood! - ...应该会看到一个...
Hello.
你好
- From. From. From. From. - Hi, from Successful Saving.
- 我是 我是 我是 - 你好 我是"成功理财"的记者
It's a magazine.
这是本杂志
We'll be taking questions after the report.
在报告结束后 我们会有提问环节
Good. Uh...
好的 呣...
- Ask him how much he earns. - How much do you burn?
- 问他 他的薪水是多少 - 你烧伤多少?
- Earn. - Earn.
- 薪水 - 薪水
- Excuse me? - Louder.
- 抱歉? - 大声点
What do you earn?
你的薪水是多少?
- We'll take questions after. - Why award themselves bonuses...
- 我们稍后才能进行提问 - 为何要给自己

发奖金...
Why did you award yourself bonuses...
为何给你们自己发奖金...
...twenty-four million... ...of 23...
- ...2千4百万... - ...2千3...
- Twenty-four. Million. ...billion...
- 2千 4百万 - ...亿...
- Million dollars... ...while investors lost eight percent?
- 百万美元... - 尤其是当投资者损失8%资产的时候
...while your investors lost eight percent?
尤其是当投资者损失8%资产的时候
As I said, I'll be happy to answer questions...
正如我说过的 我很乐意回答提问...
Is that true?
这是真的吗?
A long pause and no answer.
长时间的犹豫 没有给出答案
- Long pause, no answer. - No, no...
- 长时间的犹豫 没有给出答案 - 不 不...
OK. You know why we did that?
你知道我们为什么要这么做吗?
Some kind of cruel initiation rite?
像是种残酷的成年礼?
Listen to this.
听听这个
"Security can mean different things to different people.
''对于不同的人而言 证券的意义是不同的
For some, it's going to a party wearing the right shoes.
对于某些人 这就像是穿着合适的鞋子去参加派对
This might leave you feeling secure for an evening,
这让你整晚都有安全感
but have a crippling effect on you in later life."
却会让你后半生有坡脚的危险''
- I wrote that. - You wrote that.
- 我写的 - 是你写的
Now, what firms like Comintex
现在 像Comintex这种公司
thrive on is an endemic lack of public understanding.
它们的虚假繁荣是建立在群众无知上的
They get away with murder because...
它们瞒天过海是因为...
Maisie with a root beer and a $200 investment portfolio,
Maisie爱喝汽水 投资了200美元
what does she know?
她能知道什么呢?
What does she actually know about what those guys are doing?
她怎么才能知道那些人真正干了什么呢?
What she's told.
在于别人告诉她情况
And if the magazines she looks to for answers
如果她寻找答案的杂志
aren't asking the right questions,
不能很犀利地提出问题
it isn't good for Maisie.
这对于Maisie来说不是一本好杂志
I want you to tell the truth in a way that Maisie can understand.
我希望你能用一种Maisie 也能明白的方式来阐释真相
Now, go home, write me an initial outline
现在回家去吧 给我写一份初步的概要
and e-mail it to me by 3:00. OK?
3点之前发邮件给我 好吧?
Oh, no.
哦 不
Oh, yeah. Nice!
哦 耶 很好!
You know, I just got a call from Jeff Kanter at Comintex.
我刚接到Comintex公司的Jeff Kanter的电话
They're having their stockholders' meeting.
他们在开股东大会
- Yes, I sent someone. - Yeah, you did.
- 对 我派人去了 - 没错 你是派人去了
A real find, actually, the girl I sent.
我眼光独到啊 真的 我派去的那个女孩儿
She's sparky, honest.
她很犀利 诚恳
Exactly the type that I was hoping to find.
正是我寻找的类型
I assume

that's why Edgar West got you to recruit me.
我想这就是为什么 Edgar West让你雇用我的原因
- Damn it! - Ooh. Slice.
- 该死! - 哦 右曲球啊
I hired you to fix the bottom line of this magazine,
我雇用你来保住杂志生存的底线
and we know the key to that is advertising revenue.
我们知道关键就在于广告的收入
Now, you hired me to create a product that sells,
现在 你雇用我是要创造和销售一种产品
- not to sell a product. - What if I'm with Edgar West.
- 而不是单单去卖旧产品 - 如果我倒向Edgar West这边呢
We're playing golf, and he just turns to me, sort of nonchalantly, and says,
我们一起打高尔夫 他刚冷淡地跟我说
"Hey, I'd like to know why Luke Brandon decided to hire
''嘿 我想知道为什么 Luke Brandon会决定雇用
a journalist who could damage the commercial interests of Dantay-West."
一个会损害Dantay-West商业利益的记者''
- What do you think about that? - I haven't, because she won't.
- 你感觉如何? - 我不会的 她也不会这样做的
I feel like I've run a marathon.
我觉得自己是在马拉松赛跑
They have Galliano!
他们卖加利亚诺!
They have Gucci half off, Calvin Klein half off!
他们的Gucci对折 CK对折!
You'll get your turn, just be patient.
会轮到你的 耐心等着吧
At every point I will ask, "Do I need this?"
每一次我都问自己''我需要这个吗?''
There's another entrance this way!
这边是新入场通道!
Well, these cashmere gloves I need
哇 我需要这个羊绒手套
as it is winter and I have... hands.
因为这是冬天 而我长有一双手
So that's all.
这就是原因
I'll buy these and these alone.
我只卖这个和这个
My gosh, Missoni!
天啊 米索尼!
Now walk away, strong and frugal.
现在就离开 坚定且节俭
Oh, my God! Pucci boots.
哦 天啊! 璞琪的靴子
Fifty percent off?
降价50%?
Do I need these?
我需要买这个吗?
Do I need these? Do I need these?
我需要买这个吗?我需要买这个吗?
No.

Jeannie, Pucci boots!
Jeannie , 璞琪的靴子!
Uh, oh, I'm so sorry. I had 'em first.
哦 很抱歉 我先抢到的
But you put them down.
但你放下来了
No, I know I did, but I saw 'em first, so I'm gonna take 'em.
不 我知道我放下了 但是是我先看到的 所以我要买
Then you took your hands off them.
但是你把它们放下了
Give me the boots, and no one gets hurt!
把靴子给我 免得有人要受伤!
Give me the boots. Give me the boots!
把靴子给我 把靴子给我!
Look! There's a sale on Burberry!
看! Burberry搞特价啦!
That's the oldest trick in the book!
这是最老套的骗术了!
- Give 'em! - Don't you tell me...
- 给我! - 你竟敢...
Give me the boots!
把靴子给我!
I waited in line all morning for this!
我排了一早上的队就为了这个!
Ah! Ha-ha!
啊! 哈哈!
"Your store card is like a 50 percent-off cashmere coat.
''

你的信用卡就像是一件对折的羊绒大衣
The first time you meet,
初次相见时
it promises to be your best friend.
它发誓会成为你最好的伴侣
Until you look closely and realize it's not real cashmere."
直到你看仔细 才意识到它其实不是纯羊绒的''
You've been ripped off.
你被骗了
Right. You get it? You get it.
对 你听明白了? 你听明白了
- We get it. Now go away. - Ha!
- 我们都听明白了 现在你走吧 - 哈!
"Then, as winter comes, you discover that your coat
''然后 冬天来临 你发现那件大衣
isn't actually a friend at all.
根本不是你的朋友
You should have read the fine print.
你应该看看衣服的细则说明
Should look more closely what you're getting into."
应该仔细看清楚 自己要买的是什么东西''
You should put a picture in that.
你该放张相片进去
It's a present. Haven't got 'round to filling it yet.
这是个礼物 还没来得及放照片进去呢
My mom bought me this exact one from a thrift store.
我妈从打折店里给我买过一个一样的
Probably paid half what you paid,
可能只是你这个价格的一半
not that they often shop at thrift stores.
不是说他们经常逛打折店
- What? - This is good.
- 怎么了? - 写的很好
- Really? - Mmm.
- 真的? - 呣
Is it by Rebecca Bloomwood?
是Rebecca Bloomwood写的?
Yes! My friend Suze saw me writing it.
当然! 我的朋友Suze亲眼看见我写的
I mean, is that how you want your name to appear?
我是说 你想用这个名字发表吗?
- "By Rebecca Bloomwood"? - Oh, right.
- ''作者 Rebecca Bloomwood''? - 哦 好吧
I don't want to be too associated with this magazine.
我不想跟这份杂志有太多关联
Sorry?
你说什么?
Because I just think it would be better
我想这样更好
to be slightly more of an everyman.
做个无名小卒胜过于名人
Um, a little more ooh-ooh-ohh.
呣 就是一点神秘兮兮
Mysterious, rather than just... Becky? Hmm.
神秘 而不是... Becky? 呣
Hmm.

"The Girl in the Green Scarf. Thank you.
''戴绿色围巾的女孩 谢谢
I bought your magazine this morning and have already
今早我买了你的杂志
told three stores where to stick their credit cards."
并且告知三家商场 如何死守它们的信用卡''
Oh! Hey, check it out:
哦! 嘿 来看看
Jay Brogan, Queens, via e-mail:
皇后区的Jay Brogan写来邮件说:
"Man, is it easy to feel those guys do it for your benefit.
''天啊 很容易就以为这些人是为你好
- You never check the APR." - Call him from my desk
- 你从未查过年利率'' - 去我那打电话给他吧
- if you want. Oh. - No, no. I'm OK.
- 如果你愿意的话 - 不 不 我很好
"I'll tell you what, I have now. Thanks, Mrs. Green Scarf."
''我跟你们说 我现在这样做了 谢谢你 绿围巾女士''
We never get this kind of response.
我们从未得到这种反馈
Excuse me, sir. Edgar West.
抱歉

先生 Edgar West的电话
That's not good. He hates us.
这下遭了 他讨厌我们
Luke Brandon.
Luke Brandon
I've just spent a few minutes rather wrapped up
我刚花了几分钟时间 好好研究了下
in your "Green Scarf."
你们 ''绿围巾小姐''的文章
I like it.
我很喜欢
Uh, she obviously has a passion for personal finance.
显然她对个人理财方面很有热情
Excuse me, I'm sorry, but he is really being persistent.
抱歉 但他真的很坚持
He needs to talk to you.
他非得和你谈谈
Could you tell him that I'm busy, please.
能否跟他说我很忙 谢谢啦
You're a lucky man, Mr. Brandon.
你很幸运 Brandon先生
It's this charity that I'm the chairperson of, it's...
我的这个慈善基金会的主席...
Thank you, sir. It seems that he liked the column so much
谢谢您 先生 看来他很喜欢这个专栏啊
that he's sending extra copies of the magazine to his children.
还把杂志复印件给他的孩子看了
Oh, my God. I can't believe that.
哦 天啊 我真不敢相信
I'm really sorry, sir. There's a man holding on line two,
我真的很抱歉 先生 2号线有个男士打电话来
and he says it's a matter of life or death.
他说事关生死
- What's his name? - Um, Derek Smeath.
- 他叫什么名字? - 呣 Derek Smeath
- Derek Smeath. - Oh! No!
- Derek Smeath - 哦! 不!
Ha!
哈!
Exactly how long has this ex-boyfriend been stalking you?
这个前男友缠着你多久了?
Ever since the relationship ended.
自从分手之后
He's been following me around pretending to be a debt collector.
他跟踪我 假装是我的债主
I was once stalked...
我有次被跟踪了...
...by a dog.
..被一条狗
OK. Look, take the rest of the day
好吧 听着 今天你就放假吧
and block all future calls from Derek Smeath.
拒接Derek Smeath所有电话
Yes, sir.
好的 先生
Spend it wisely, huh?
省着点用啊
Oh, God. Dad?
哦 天啊 老爸
Money... is what I came to talk to you about.
我来就是想跟您谈谈钱的事
Oh, yeah? Hey, honey?
是吗? 亲爱的?
- Yeah? - Becau...
- 是吗? - 因为...
- You got them wings? - Coming.
- 烤翅好了没? - 来喽
It's funny because your mom and I
真是搞笑
were gonna call you over here today
我跟你妈妈刚想给你打电话
to talk about pretty much the exact same thing. Money.
谈谈钱的事
- Savings. - Our money. Our life savings.
- 我们的积蓄 - 我们这辈子的积蓄
Really?
真的?
All our married life, we've been the kind of people
自从结婚以来
that we just don't spend, we save.
我们一心只想着存钱
We've built up quite a little nest egg.
我们存了点钱
- Of money. - A big nest egg of money.
- 有个小金库 - 大金库吧
- Of dough. - Yeah, we do.
- 有点小钱 - 是的
And so, we decided...
所以我们决定
That we wanted to call you here,
所以我把你
our only beautiful,
我们可爱的女儿叫过来
lovely daug

hter to tell you that, well...
告诉你
We spent it!
我们把它全花了
Every last cent.
一分不剩
He's still just getting the hang of it.
他还在学怎样驾驭它
Isn't she a babe?
漂亮吧?
He's wanted one of these since the day I met him.
他一直都想要这个
It's got a built-in blender, four electric fans,
里面有食品搅拌器 四台电风扇
and a thermal sewage disposal.
还有污物碾碎器
Kathy and Gordon, in England,
你知道英格兰的Kathy和Gordon吗
you know the ones whose pool collapsed because of the mold?
他们两家的游泳池被霉菌毁了
- Kathy with the beard? - Yep.
- 大胡子Kathy吗? - 是的
Yes, she had electrolysis.
不过她已经电蚀除毛了
They sent us this off the Web. It's an article about...
他们把这网页发给我们
Makes you think about money.
是篇关于理财的文章
- About what it's really worth. - Security in your old age?
- 怎样让做到物有所值 - 买养老保险?
Or is it investing in what you love?
还是投资你所爱的?
You have got to read it.
你真该读读
It's by someone called The Girl in the Green Scarf.
绿围巾女孩写的
She's a genius.
她真是个天才
Oh, my God. Guys! We're international!
天哪 伙计们 我们进军国际市场了
Yes!
耶!
Luke, we've taken Asia.
Luke 我们进驻亚洲了
Russell, how's that article on mortgage brokers?
RusseII 论按揭经纪人的文章写好了没?
- It's gonna be huge. - Paycheck.
- 一定会引起轰动的 - 账单
- Uh, Rebecca? - Thank you.
- Rebecca? - 谢谢
- Yes? - I want you to come with me
- 什么事? - 我想你下周
to the APA Conference next week.
跟我去参加APA(美国新闻协会)会议
Absolutely. What's the APA Conference?
好的 APA会议是什么?
The biggest magazine event of the year.
一年一度的最大的新闻界盛会
In Miami.
在迈阿密举行
Oh, Luke. I think I should definitely be there.
Luke 我觉得我们应该早点去
Early, I mean, and you know, make sure that
早点去找好旅店 饭馆
the hotel's OK and find good restaurants in case
以防到时大家都累了
anyone wants to relax. Not that I intend to,
也许不一定累了
but you never know, some people might.
但谁知道呢
I'm glad you're enthusiastic about it.
很高兴你对此很感兴趣
- I'm kind of excited myself. - Oh. You are?
- 我自己也有些兴奋 - 是吗?
Yeah, I mean because a lot of people
我是说
are very excited to meet you.
很多人都急切地想见你
You've opened up a whole new demographic.
你开拓了一块新读者人群
- You're opening up his what? - Demographic.
- 他说你开拓了什么? - 读者人群
- Mm-hmm. - Which is why he wants to
- 哦 - 这就是为什么他想带我出去度假
take me to the beach. I mean the conference.
我是说去参加美国新闻协会会议
Aren't you supposed to be getting to Alette?
你不是一直想进Alette吗?
I'm on my way. Once you

're in, you're in.
我正在努力
- You're in as a finance guru. - I give great financial advice.
- 你现在是经济学大师了 - 我给大家提了很多相当棒的建议
Bex, have you ever considered taking your own advice?
Bex 何不给自己点建议呢?
- Oh! - Mom, calm.
- 哇 - 妈妈 别闹了
Like, what would The Girl in the Green Scarf
绿围巾女孩会怎样看待
say about hiding Visa bills under your bed?
把账单藏在床下这事?
- That is not relevant. - That is so relevant.
- 这两者毫无瓜葛 - 错
It's the most relevant thing in the world.
关系可大了
- Ah! - There isn't another reason
- 啊! - 为什么你这么急着去迈阿密
why you want to go to Miami?
一定还有其它原因吧?
- No! - Maybe it rhymes with Fluke?
- 没啦! - 是不是对FIuke有感觉?
Luke.
他叫Luke
- Wha... - That's it.
- 怎么啦 - 我猜中了吧
- You're making that face. - What face?
- 你在掩饰 - 掩饰什么?
Bex! You like him! This is terrible!
不可思议 Bex 你喜欢上他了
No, no. No, no. But hypothetically...
不可能 假设...
Hypothetically you're being a big, fat liar!
你真是个大骗子
You're advising people about debt, and you're up to your eyeballs in it.
建议别人怎样理财 自己却深陷其中
Yeah, hide under there.
好的 你藏起来吧
Ooh, Monsieur Sherman.
Sherman先生 你好
My name is Brandon. My mother's name is Sherman.
我姓Brandon 我妈妈才姓Sherman
Yes. Monsieur discret. Mm-hmm.
没错 低调先生
Oh!
- You saved me. - Not at all.
- 谢谢 - 没关系
Oh, gosh!
天哪
You work at Successful Saving.
你在成功理财上班
- Yes. - We should have dinner.
- 是的 - 我该请你吃顿饭
OK, what am I supposed to do?
我该怎么做?
Just be yourself.
自然点就好了
- Luke, how are you? - Hey, Luke.
- Luke 你好 - 嗨 Luke
They let you out of prison. That's fantastic.
真是太好了 你被释放了
- Alicia. - Luke.
- AIicia - Luke
Can I introduce Rebecca Bloomwood?
容我介绍一下 Rebecca Bloomwood
You may have read The Girl in the Green Scarf.
也许你们都读过绿围巾女孩的文章吧
What's the name of your column?
你的专栏是?
"Risky investment is like a pair of platform boots."
"风险投资就像一双厚底高跟鞋''
Wait, nobody has ever quoted me back to me before.
天哪 以前从没人这样抬举过我
- Luke. Got a second? - Yeah. Sure.
- Luke 聊聊可以吗? - 好的
Wait, what were you in prison for?
对了 你为什么被关押?
- Oh, that was trumped-up. - People out there trust you.
- 被人栽赃的 - 人们很信任你
Butterfly investments.
投资的蝴蝶效应
- Thanks. - Pleasure.
- 谢谢 - 不客气
- Champagne, please. - Right away, sir.
- 来杯香槟 - 马上 先生
Hi. Are you from the United North Bank?
嗨 你在北方联合银行上班吧?
- I run it. - I was walking past your bank.
- 我负责这家银行 - 我去过那
You have the

most boring window displays in the world.
你们的橱窗很乏味
- She means the opposite. - I'm serious.
- 她说的是反语 - 我认真的
It's as if somebody hit the snooze button in my brain,
感觉就像瞌睡虫爬进了脑袋
and told me it was OK to sleep another ten minutes.
让人昏昏欲睡
- Really. - Yes.
- 是吗 - 真的
You need to put some pretty pink umbrellas or something
放几把可爱的粉红雨伞之类的
- to get people in. - Mr. Lewis, look here.
- 吸引人 - Lewis先生 我跟你说
Know what else you could do?
知道吗?
- You could have a sale. - A sale?
- 可以搞个促销活动 - 促销?
Yes. Fee reductions. And free doughnuts.
可以降价促销 免费发甜甜圈之类的
She writes a humorous column, humor is part of her language.
她是个幽默的专栏作家 幽默就是她的风格
- I'll get another. - Unusual ideas.
- 再来杯 - 真是奇思妙想
Luke, your writer, she's out of control.
Luke 你的作家有点失态了
Keep her on a leash. She's damaging the magazine.
你得管管她 不然会坏大事的
She doesn't need a leash, I'd say quite the contrary.
正好相反 她知道自己在干什么
What was the piece of tabloid sensationalism you sent me?
你给我的那份耸人听闻的小报是关于什么的?
The Jon Goldman expose?
揭露Jon GoIdma的吗?
A well-researched, supported article.
那可是一份有根有据的报道
His organization is corrupt, full of financial holes.
报道说他很腐败 满是经济问题
Not running the piece. His company's worth two million to Dantay-West.
他的公司对Dantay-West来说至少值200万
- Ryan. - Mr. Lewis.
- Ryan - Lewis先生
Luke, that columnist of yours said the most outrageous things.
Luke 你那专栏作家可真能侃
I'd like to apologize for our company.
我道歉
Outrageous, yet brilliant things.
但她很聪明
She's like a breath of fresh air.
她真像一缕清风 很新鲜
- I couldn't agree more. - Totally agree too.
- 我同意 - 同意
- He couldn't agree more. - Our displays are boring.
- 他不可能认可 - 我们的橱窗真没意思
- Aren't they? - She's right.
- 是吗? - 她说得对
She's honest. The doughnut idea I loved.
她很直爽 我喜欢她新奇的想法
I'll be talking to you about advertising.
我呆会跟你谈谈广告的事
- Great. - Great.
- 好呢 - 好
- OK. - OK.
- 很好 - 不错
No, you're doing great.
干得不错
There's one more person that you really ought to meet.
还有个人你得见见
- Hmm. - This one's pretty crucial,
- 呃 - 这人很挑剔
but having the language in common should help.
但你们有共同语言
Hmm. Language?
语言?
Yeah, I want you to meet Janne Virtanen from Nokia.
来见见诺基亚的Janne Virtanen
I told him you're part Finnish,
我跟他说你会芬兰语
and he's very excited to meet you. Janne.
Janne很想见见你
Rebecca.
Rebecca
- Ah. - Hey, hey, hey.
- 嗨 - 嗨
That's ho

w you do it in Finland.
在芬兰 人们就是这样做的
- Luke! Luke Brandon! - He's really funny.
- Luke! Luke Brandon! - 他真会搞笑
- I can't even translate that. - Long time no see, buddy.
- 我翻不出那个味来 - 兄弟 很久不见
Men like you are the reason I left Finland.
我离开芬兰就因为你们这种臭男人
- Ola? - Ms. Bloomwood?
- 你好? - 是Bloomwood小姐吗?
It's Derek Smeath from All City Debt Collection.
我是城市债务公司的Derek Smeath
- At last we meet. - Uh.
- 总算找到你了 - 啊
How's your leg? Still broken?
你的腿咋样了? 好了没?
Uh... it's, um. It's much better.
呃 好多了
- Mr. Brandon. - Yes.
- Brandon先生 - 呃
We Scandinavians...
我们北欧人...喜欢她!
...like her. A lot.
相当喜欢
Good. Then kindly limp, stagger, or crawl
很好 那你下午就来我办公室
to my office this afternoon.
不管你就一瘸一拐还是爬过来
Um, absolutely, I would love to.
当然
Good.
很好
- Except... Oh, my God. - What?
- 但... - 又怎样了?
My aunt has just fallen from the sky in a freak skydiving accident.
我姨妈跳伞时出了点意外
Enough! Unless the outstanding balance is transferred from
够了
your account first thing 9:00 on Monday morning...
周一早上九点到账
- Mr. Smeath, uh... ...the next step will be...
- Smeath先生 - 不然
...personal contact.
我们就只有私下解决
Absolutely, 9:00 on Monday morning.
好的 周一早上九点
I have to go. I'm so sorry. I've got to go.
我得挂了 真对不住
You are getting your own ringtone.
录个来电铃声
Do not answer this call, it's Derek Smeath.
Derek Smeath来电 不要接
- Do not... - Rebecca. Oh!
- 不要接 - Rebecca
- Thanks. - I have something to tell you.
- 谢谢 - 跟你说个事
I have something to tell you, too.
我也有事跟你说
OK.
好的
You first.
你先说吧
Well, Edgar West has taken a table at the
Edgar Westhas要举行
Print Association Charity Ball,
新闻协会慈善晚会
and guess which two people from Successful Saving
猜猜我们杂志哪两个
have been invited as representatives?
受邀出席?
It's a huge mark of respect.
这可是莫大的荣幸
This puts us in the major league,
这就意味着我们进入了主流杂志的行列
and that is mainly down to you.
这一切都要归功于你
- Huh... - Are you OK?
- 哇 - 你没事吧?
- This isn't easy. - OK.
- 有点难以启齿 - 没事 说吧
Your tie does not go with your shirt.
你的领带不搭
Try to enjoy yourself. No, no, you have to savor shopping.
好好享受吧 享受购物的乐趣
No, you don't.
不行
You have to strike with precision and get out.
你得直击目标然后赶紧走人
- Hi. - Hello.
- 嗨 - 你好
We're looking for clothes for my boss.
我们老板要买衣服
Absolutely. Were you thinking maybe a suit or a jacket?
知道 是要套装还是夹克?
I'm actually thinking about everythi

ng.
都要
Oh, well, we can do everything.
好的 我们竭诚为您服务
Pink. Oh, my gosh, I love pink on a guy. Is that bad?
天哪 我喜欢男士穿粉红色的 这个怎么样?
- That pink is great. - It's gorgeous.
- 这件不错 - 太棒了
- Would he do pink? - I think so.
- 他适合粉红吗? - 适合
Think he'd do it with like a white pant?
跟白色裤子应该很搭吧?
- He'd do that. - Actually!
- 很搭 - 事实上
What I really need is a, uh, tuxedo,
我正真需要的是
say three buttons, size 48 regular,
三扣的的无尾礼服 48号
a white dress shirt, I'll try the blue as well,
白衬衣 蓝色的也要
and a black vernice shoe in a size ten. And two Advil.
十号黑皮鞋
You speak Prada?
你对Prada很在行啊?
Occasionally.
偶尔
But if you know how to dress well,
你知道怎样着装
why do you come to the office looking like?
为什么穿成这样?
I don't want to be defined by clothes or labels or family.
我不想别人根据穿着 牌子 家族来评价我
Why would you be defined by family?
为什么会根据家族来评价你?
My mother is Elinor Sherman, New York socialite.
我妈妈是纽约社会名流EIinor Sherman
Excuse me, did you just say that your mother is Elinor Sherman?
不好意思 你刚才说 你母亲是EIinor Sherman吗?
Did she tell you that we dressed her for the Met gala?
她有提过她在欢乐之夜上 穿的衣服是我们的吗?
Oh, she just looked stunning.
她真有气质
Well, congratulations on having such a fabulous mother.
恭喜你 有这样棒的母亲
My, uh, parents are divorced.
呃 我父母离婚了的
I grew up in England with my dad.
我在英国长大 跟我爸爸住一起
He's great.
爸爸很好
Very down-to-earth, totally different from my mother.
跟妈妈不同 爸爸很务实
Anyway, she wasn't interested until I was an adult.
直到成年我才开始接触妈妈
At which point it was assumed that I'd just fall into line.
也许仅仅是因为她需要我
For the throne?
继位?
Uh, no, for the, um... for the family business.
继承家族事业
What's the business?
什么事业?
Owning stuff. Real estate, um,
房产
Internet businesses, um...
互联网之类
- Cable companies... - Oh, sorry. Oh, sorry.
- 有线电视公司 - 对不起
I chose to succeed on my own terms,
我不想屈服于家族势力
not kowtow to some controlling family.
只想以自己的方式获取成功
What's Dantay-West?
Dantay-West算什么?
Do you have a take on everything in life?
你对所有的事都有自己的成见吗?
- Yes. - Yes.
- 是的 - 很好
Well, what would your take be on... me?
那你怎么看我呢?
Go on.
说吧
What would The Girl in the Green Scarf's take be on Luke Brandon?
绿围巾女孩会怎样看Luke Brandon呢?
As an investment, you pretty much suck.
作为一个投资者 你不咋样滴
- What? - You're a workaholic.
- 为什么? - 你是个工作狂
You put in all these

相关文档
最新文档