大一第一学期英语翻译教学教材

大一第一学期英语翻译教学教材
大一第一学期英语翻译教学教材

1.这个婴儿还不会爬,更不要说走了。

The baby can’t even crawl,let alone talk.

2.威尔声称谋杀案发生时他正在与一群朋友吃饭,但是我认为他在说谎。

Will claimed that he was dinning with a group of friends at the time of the murder,but in my opinion he told a lie.

3.一定程度上阅读速度与阅读技巧密切相关;有了阅读技巧,你就可以更好的应对课外阅读了。

To a certain extent,the speed of reading is closely related to reading skill;and with reading skill you can cope with outside class reading better.

4.根据规则他俩都可以参加比赛。

According to the rules they both can take part in the competition.

5.有些人想当然的认为日语中的每一个词在汉语中都有对应的词语。

Somebody assume that there is a Chinese equivalent for every Japanese word.

6.我们已将所有的相关信息告知了警方。

We have passed all relevant information on to the police.

7.关于那件事你问我再多的问题也没用,因为我是不会回答你的。

It’s no use asking any more questions about that matter because I won’t answer.

8.事先没有仔细阅读合同就签了名是吉姆的错。

It was a mistake on Jim’s part to sign the contract without reading it carefully.

9.他们拒绝向我们提供所需要的全部信息。

They refused to provide us with all the information we need.

10.这起事故与三年前发生的一起事故极为相似。

This accident is very similar to the one that happened three years ago.

11.这部电影是根据莎士比亚的戏剧改编的。

This film is based on a play by Shakespeare.

12.如果你的英语和电脑技能都掌握得好,那么你在谋职时就一定比别人更有优势。

If you have a good command of English and computer skill;you ill surely have an advantage over others in finding a job.

13.很多老师不赞同这种做法.

Many teachers frowned on this practice.

14.当我想从草地上穿过去的时候,有位老人在旁边怒视着我。

When I was trying to cut across the lawn,an old man glared at me.

15.当我提到我的父亲时,她的脸上露出了认出我的笑容。

When I mentioned my father,she showed a smile of recognition.

16.我的大孩子比较听话,而小的那个比较倔。我现在还常回想起小的孩子在中学毕业后是如何执意要出国读书的。

My first child was quite obedient,while younger child was very stubborn.I can still recall now how the younger child insisted on going abroad to study after he finished his secondary school.

17.当海啸袭来时,许都东南亚国家遭受了巨大的损失。

When the tsunami stuck the area ,many countries in South East Asia sustained great losses.

18.每当做母亲的拿弟弟跟哥哥做比较,弟弟就要抗议。

Every time the mother tries to compare the younger brother with his elder brother,the younger one will protest.

19.当他初到这个新学校的时候,发现自己与其他同学格格不入。

When he first came to this school,he found himself unable to fit in with his classmates.

20.她脸上气急败坏的表情实在把我吓坏了,我再也不敢说个不字。

The fury on her face terrified me,Idared not say no to her again.

21.怪不得你最后闯出祸来,原来你从来不听你父母的管教。

No wonder you ended up in trouble.you never followed you parents’advice.

22.他花了整整两年的时间才慢慢适应这个新环境。

It took him two years to adapt to the new environment.

23.威廉非常喜欢那女孩子,所以他尽力讨好她,并且很有信心可以赢得她的心。

William likes the girl a lot so he tries very hard to impress her and is optimistic that he will her heart.

24他有创造性,对未来也有很好的判断力,可就是喜欢秘而不宣。

He is very creative,and has a good vision of the future,but he likes to keep things to himself.

25.他们来自一个贫穷的小山村,那里的人们远离现代文明。

They came from a very poor village where people were shut off from modern civilization. 26.我们要努力工作,争取达到我们所订下的目标。

We must work hard and make an effort to achieve the goals that we have set.

27.我们应该满足于我们所拥有的一切,不该对周围的事情吹毛求疵。

We should learn to be content with all that we have,and should not be too critical about things around us.

28.他们经常代表学校参加辩论比赛;今晚我们将聚会庆祝他们的成功。

They often represent our school in debating competitions,tonight we will throw a party to celebrate their success.

29.通过读书,它不仅开阔了视野,而且学会了不断完善自己的人格。

Through reading,not only has he expanded his horizon,he has also learned to keep improving his character.

30.为把那个女孩从火中就出,两民警察牺牲了他们的生命。

Two policemen sacrificed their lives in order to save that girl from fire.

31.稳定的、无冲突的夫妻关系对家庭中的孩子有好处。

A stable relationship without conflicts between husband and wife benefits the children in the family.

32.我们一知道成绩就互相联系吧。

Let’s get in touch as soon as we know the results of the text.

33.那音乐激起他强烈的思乡之情。

The music aroused an intense feeling of homesickness.

34.你已工作一个上午了,该休息一下了。

You’ve been working all morning,you deserve a rest now.

35.我刚躺下,电话铃就响了。

I had no soon lain down than the telephong rang.

36.医生说我疲劳过度,劝我不要接更多的工作。

The doctor says I’m too tired and advised me not to take on any more work.

37.珍妮自愿负责聚会后的情节打扫工作。

Jenny volunteered to clear up after the gathering.

38.演讲的题目提前一个星期宣布,但是演讲者的名字不会提前告知。

The subject of the talk is announced a week in advance,but the name of the speak is not. 39.你的考试成绩没有达到所要求的标准,换句话说,你考试不及格。

Your performance in the exam didn’t reach the required standard, in other words ,you failed.

40.她病得很厉害,必须停止工作。

She was so ill that she had to leave off work.

41.想在没办法知道结果会怎样,案子的决定权在法官手里,我们所能做的就是等待。There’s no way to tell what will happen, the case is in the hands of the judge,and all we could do is to wait.

翻译大一下学期

Unit7 汉译英 1. 警察放大了失踪女孩的照片,这样他们能容易认出她。(Use "have + object + V-ed" structure) The police had the photograph of the missing girl enlarged so that they could recognize her easily. 2. 我喜欢乘公共汽车上班,而不是自己驾车。那天上午也不例外。(rather than, no exception) When I go to work, I prefer to take a bus rather than drive and that morning was no exception. 3. 这位老人见到自己的孙女走进屋时站了起来,竟意想不到地移动了几步,就好像他能行走了似的。(get to one's feet, as if) When he saw his granddaughter coming into the house (Seeing his granddaughter coming into the house), the old man got to his feet and moved several steps unexpectedly as if he could walk by himself. 4. 当时我们的注意力全集中在那幅画上,没有注意到四周有什么异样情况,所以也不能提供任何额外的细节。(focus on, additional details) At that time we focused our attention on that painting without noticing anything unusual around us, and we can't offer any additional details. 5. 这两个劫匪的作案手法表明他们可能就是过去几个月里这一地区多起抢劫案的元凶。(commit) The two robbers' methods suggested they might be the same men who had committed a number of robberies in the area over the past few months. 6. 无论这个问题多么令人讨厌,它都是我们必须正视的问题。(no matter how) It's a question we have to face no matter how unpleasant it is. 英译汉 1. Experience told him that a woman's natural instinct was to defend herself rather than hurt the attacker. 经验告诉他,妇女的天性是保护自己而不是去伤害攻击者。 2. The room is looking much better since she had the walls repainted. 自从她把墙重新粉刷了后,这房间好看多了。 3. Teenage crime was out of control in many parts of the country, and this city was no exception. 在这个国家的许多地方,青少年犯罪已经失去了控制,这个城市也不例外。 4. Weeks after the robbery, he was afraid to go outside, fearing that he would come face to face with the robber a second time. 抢劫案发生后的几周,他不敢出门,害怕自己再次与劫匪面对面遭遇。 5. The victim described to the policemen how a man, who suddenly emerged from the shrub, robbed her. 受害者向警察描述她是怎样突然遭到一个从灌木丛中出来的人抢劫的。 6. For many Americans today, weekend work has unfortunately become the rule rather than the exception. 如今,对许多美国人来说,周末工作已经不幸地成为了惯例,而不是例外。 Unit9

全新版大学英语第二版综合教程1学生用书答案大一课后翻译答案

Unit 1 1. sentences 1) It takes an enormous amount of courage to make a departure from the tradition. 2) Tom used to be very shy, but this time he was bold enough to give a performance in front of a large audience. 3) Many educators think it desirable to foster the creative spirit in the child at an early age. 4) Assuming (that) this painting really is a masterpiece, do you think it’s worthwhile to buy/ purchase it? 5) If the data is statistically valid, it will throw light on the problem we are investigating. 2. passage translation To improve our English, it is critical to do more reading, writing, listening and speaking. Besides, learning by heart as many well-written essays as possible is also very important. Without an enormous store of good English writing in your head you cannot express yourself freely in English. It is also helpful to summarize our experience as we go along, for in so doing, we can figure out which way of learning is more effective and will produce the most desirable result. As long as we keep working hard on it, we will in due course accomplish the task of mastering English. Unit 2 1. Translate the Sentences 1) The company denied that its donations had a commercial purpose. 2) Whenever he was angry, he would begin to stammer slightly. 3) Education is the most cherished tradition in our family. That’s why my parents never took me to dinner at expensive restaurants, but sent me to the best private school. 4) Shortly after he recovered from the surgery, he lost his job and thus had to go through another difficult phase of his life. 5) In contrast to our affluent neighbors, my parents are rather poor, but they have always tried hard to meet our minimal needs. 2. Translate the passage With more and more donations coming in, our university will be much better off financially next year. We will thus be able to focus on the most important task that we, educators, must take on: to encourage students to attain their scholarly/academic goals,

浅谈大学英语翻译教学的重要性及翻译能力培养

龙源期刊网 https://www.360docs.net/doc/aa1162423.html, 浅谈大学英语翻译教学的重要性及翻译能力培养 作者:冯云菊岳元玉 来源:《校园英语·上旬》2015年第07期 【摘要】大学英语翻译教学在整个英语教学体系当中有着非常重要的地位,有助于学生英语综合运用能力的提高,有助于学生对东西方文化差异的理解;当前大学英语翻译教学重视不够、对翻译在听、说、读、写中的作用认识不足、翻译课在大学英语教学中开设甚少的。如何提高大学英语翻译教学效果,提高大学生翻译能力,促进“听”“说”“读”“写”“译”这五项技能的和谐发展,是高校英语老师需要认真考虑的事情。本人认为可以从传统教学模式转变、教学方法创新、注重文化差异分析这几个方面对提高大学英语翻译教学效果,培养大学生翻译能力。 【关键词】翻译教学能力培养文化差异 一、大学英语翻译教学的重要性 1.英语翻译教学有助于学生英语综合运用能力的提高。大学生的英语翻译能力与英语的听、说、读、写能力有着非常紧密的联系。在大量的英语翻译练习中学生能够获得非常丰富的语言知识,同时在大量的汉英互译练习在很大程度上扩大了学生的词汇量,让学生能够熟练转换汉语与英语这两种思维。 同时,英语翻译教学有助于学生听、说能力的提升。之所以这么说是因为,学生在听、说练习中可以借助翻译获得准确信息,通过翻译理解听到的内容,锻炼了快速反应能力以及表达能力。在写作与阅读练习中,学生往往在无意识中对看到的英语进行了翻译。翻译能力的高低对学生能否准确获得原文表达的信息起到了决定性作用。 2.英语翻译教学有助于学生对东西方文化差异的理解。在英语学习过程中,许多学生对英语原文中表现出来的文化差异无所适从,往往不能很好的抓住英文中体现出来的东西方文化差异。英语翻译教学的开展能够提高学生对东西方文化差异的敏感度,更加准确的抓取原文想要表达的含义。其一,在英语翻译教学中,学生通过大量的翻译训练掌握了较多的词汇,在翻译过程中,能够透过原文中的句子以及词汇的含义理解特殊词语的社会文化意义以及背后所蕴含的文化差异;其二,英语翻译教学中的翻译训练讲解可以使学生逐步意识到汉语与英语这两个语言在在文化内涵上的独特特征,在英语学习中有意识的积累与英汉文化背景相关的知识,最终提高英语的掌握程度。 二、大学英语翻译教学现状分析

英语翻译 大一下学期

Unit8 Passage A 1. 罗伯特·彭斯(Robert Burns) 在诗中把他所钟情的女孩比作玫瑰花。(compare...to) In his poem, Robert Burns compares the girl he loves to a rose. 2. 无论你多忙,你都应该抽时间回学校参加同学聚会。(no matter how) No matter how busy you are, you should try to make it back to the class reunion. 3. 离婚后她需要一个能给她安慰的人。(a shoulder to cry on) Answer:After her divorce she needed a shoulder to cry on. 4. 毕业20年以后,他几乎认不出他以前的同学了。(barely) Answer:He graduated 20 years ago, so he could barely recognize his former classmates. 5. 什么都无法替代亲密朋友之间的友谊。(replace) Answer:Nothing can replace the friendship between intimate friends. Unit1 Passage A 1.任何年满18岁的人都有资格投票。(be eligible to, vote) Anyone over the age of 18 is eligible to vote. 2. 每学期开学前,这些奖学金的申请表格就会由学校发给每一个学生。(apply for, scholarship) A form to apply for these scholarships is sent by the university to every student before the start of every semester. 3. 遵照医生的建议,我决定戒烟。(on the advice of) On the advice of my doctor, I decided to give up smoking. 4. 公园位于县城的正中央。(be located in) The park is located right in the center of town. 5. 这所大学提供了我们所需的所有材料和设备。(facilities) The university provides all the materials and facilities we desire. 2. Unit2 Passage A 1. 警察们正忙着填写关于这场事故的各种表格。(fill out) The policemen are busy fi lling out forms about the accident. 2. 我想在还车之前把油箱加满。(fill up, fuel tank) I want to fi ll up the fuel tank before returning the car. 3. 如果你要投诉,最好遵循正确的程序。(follow the procedure) If you want to make a complaint, you’d better follow the correct procedure. 4. 要不是约翰帮忙,我们绝不会这么快就完成实验。(without) We couldn’t have fi nished the experiment so soon without John’s help. 5. 暴风雨之后,岸边的人们焦急地搜索湖面以期发现小船的踪迹。(scan for) After the storm, the people on the shore anxiously scanned the lake for any sign of the boat. Unit3 Passage A 1.我发现量入为出地过日子越来越难了。(increasingly) I find it increasingly difficult to live within my income. 2. 现代政治家们都试图以电视讲话来影响普通百姓。(reach out) Modern politicians try to reach out to ordinary people in their TV speeches. 3. 应该帮助学生对人生采取积极的态度。(adopt) Pupils should be helped to adopt a positive attitude to life.

新视野大一下学期英语翻译

一单元A 1.She wouldn't take a drink, much less could she stay for dinner. 她连水都不愿喝一口,更别提留下来吃饭了。 2.He thought I was lying to him,whereas I was telling the truth.他认为我在对他说谎,但实际上我讲的是实话。 3.How do you account for the fact that you have been late every day this week? 这个星期你每天都迟到,对此你怎么解释? 4.The increase in their profits is due partly to their new market strategy. 他们利润增长,部分原因是采用了新的市场策略。 5.Such measures are likely to result in the improvement of work efficiency. 这样的措施很可能会带来工作效率的提高。 6.We have already poured a lot of time and energy into the project, so we have to carry on. 我们已经在这个项目上投入了大量时间和精力,所以我们只能继续。 1. I don't think that he would commit robbery, much less would he commit violent robbery.我认为他不会抢劫,更不用说暴力抢劫了. 2. Men earn ten dollars an hour on average, whereas women only seven dollars.男工平均工资每小时10美元,而女工才每小时7美元. 3. Once the balance in nature is disturbed, it will result in a number of possible unforeseeable effects.自然界的平衡一旦遭到破坏,就会带来很多不可预知的影响. 4. The final examination is close at hand; you'd better spend more time reading.期终考试迫在眉睫,你最好多花点时间看书. 5. What is interesting is that consumers find it increasingly difficult to identify the nationality of certain brands. This is due partly to globalization and partly to changes in the location of production.有趣的是,消费者发现越来越难以辨别某些品牌的原产国.其部分原因来自于全球化带来的影响,部分原因是由于产地的变化. 6. A recent survey showed that women account for 40 percent of the total workforce.最近一次调查表明,妇女占总劳动力的40%. 二A 1. Despite the fact that she is the only child in her family, she is never babied by her parents. 尽管她是家里的独生女,她父母也从不溺爱她。 2. Mike didn't come to the party last night, nor did he call me to give an explanation. 迈克没来参加昨晚的聚会,也没给我打电话作任何解释。 3. The person sitting next to him did publish some novels, but he is by no means a great writer. 坐在他旁边的那个人确实发表过一些小说,但决不是什么大作家。 4. He has no interest in football and is indifferent to who wins or loses. 他对足球不感兴趣,也从不关心谁输谁赢。 5. The manager needs an assistant that he can count on to take care of problems in his absence. 经理需要一个可以信赖的助手,在他外出时,由助手负责处理问题。 6. This is the first time that he has made a speech in the presence of so large an audience. 这是他第一次当着那么多观众演讲。 B 1. They persisted in carrying out the project despite the fact that it had proved unworkable at the

【太原理工大学现代科技学院】大一英语翻译句子

1.你愿意把你的经验和组里的其他人分享吗? Would you like to share your experience with the rest of the group? 2.你父亲如果还健在的话,他会为你骄傲的。 If your father were still alive,he would be very proud of you. 3.她开车转弯上了自家的车道(driveway),不料发现路已被堵塞(block)。 She turned up the driveway,only to find her way blocked. 4.他没有告诉任何人就走了,因为他不想卷入那件事He went away without telling anyone,because he didn’t want to get involved in that matter. 5.最终,产品的成功还是取决于高明的销售手段Ultimately,the success of the product depends on good marketing. 1.我发觉自己对英语口语有着浓厚的兴趣。 I found myself having great interest in spoken English. 2.驱车行驶在高速公路上,我意识到近几年来,中国的公路系统发生了巨大的变化。 Driving on the expressway,I realized that enormous changes had taken place in China's highway system in recent years. 3.我简直不敢相信他这么快就学会了操作计算机。 I can hardly believe that he has learned how to work a computer so quickly/in such a short time. 4.三年的时光已经过去,这一刻终于来临了:不到两周我就要回国了。 Three years have passed by and the final moment has come./After three years,the time has come. In less than two weeks,I will return home/go back to my country. 5.许多我认识的人都迫不及待地想要出国,而我却宁愿和家人一起呆在国内。 I know a lot of people who can't wait to go abroad, but I prefer to stay with my family in my own country. 1.我们急匆匆地赶到火车站,结果发现火车刚刚开走。We hurried to the railway station,only to find the train had just left. 2.你和你哥哥都不是细心的人,你们两个都不能做这件需要细心和技巧的工作。 You are no more careful than your brother.You two can’t do the work that needs care and skill. 3.多一个人参会对会议安排不会有什么影响。 One more person wouldn’t make any difference to the meeting arrangements. 4.他一直工作到昨天深夜,或者更确切地说,是到今天凌晨。 He worked till late last night,or rather,early in the morning. 5.“还有其他一两本书也值得一提,”教授给我们列了一个长长的参考书目后补充说。 “A couple of other books are also worthy of mention,”added the professor after giving us a long list of reference books. 1.并不是我不喜欢那个工作,而是我没有时间去做。Not that I dislike that job,but that I have no time to do it. 2.成功不是没有惧怕,而逆境也不是没有希望。Success is not without fear,and adversity is not without hope. 3.如果你就想要一份工作,我可以给你提供。 I could get you a job here if that’s what you want. 4.他们的钱花完了,不得不放弃这个项目。 They ran out of money and had to abandon the project. 5.直到1972年这个建设项目才最终结束。 It was not until1972that the construction project finally came to an end. 1.这钢琴有些不对劲,但是我无法说清楚。Something is wrong with the piano,but I can't put my finger on what it is. 2.这条裤子不但太大,而且也与我的夹克不相配。Apart from being too large,the trousers don't match my jacket,either. 3.不论理由是什么,反正我喜欢流行音乐。 I love pop music,for whatever reasons. 4.他对外国文化怀有浓厚的兴趣,经常博览群书以寻找有用的信息。 He has great interest in foreign cultures,often browsing through piles of books to look for any useful information. 5.在是否要创办一个新社团的问题上,我们意见很不一致。 Opinions on whether we should open up a new society vary a great deal.

大一英语_翻译题

A. Translate the following into English. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. 昨晚在晚会上你玩得开心吗?(have a great time) Did you have a great time at the party last night? 2. 这个学期她选修了英语、计算机和驾驶三门课程。(take a course) This term she has taken courses in English, computers/computing, and driving. 3. 朋友帮了他很多忙,他欠他们的情。(have a debt) He has a debt to his friends who have helped him a lot. 4. 我明白了一个道理:永远不要让你的朋友失望。(let down) I have learnt one thing: never let your friends down. B. Translate the following into Chinese. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. True, there will be many people ready to help you, but you will often have to take the first step in whatever you choose to do. 的确,会有很多人帮助你,但是无论你决定做什么,你常常得自己走出第一步。 2. As a teacher, I always tell my students to work hard and keep up from day one. 作为老师,我总是告诫我的学生从第一天开始就努力奋斗、积极向上。 3. For a rich full life of college, you should make the most of the opportunities at hand. 为了你的大学生活过得充实、丰富,你应该充分利用即将得到的机会。 4. So, as you begin your college career, make up your mind to learn as much as possible. 因此,在开始你的大学生涯时,请下定决心好好学习。 A. Translate the following into English. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. 假如你让他待在你家,你就是在自找麻烦。(ask for) If you let him stay at your home, you are asking for trouble. 2. 善于学习语言的人能够把他们的错误变成通向成功的一大步。(turn...into) Good language learners can turn their mistakes into a big step toward their success. 3. 这次事故(accident)给了他一个教训,从此他再也不会酒后驾车了。(teach someone a lesson)

大一第一学期英语翻译

1.这个婴儿还不会爬,更不要说走了。 The baby can’t even crawl,let alone talk. 2.威尔声称谋杀案发生时他正在与一群朋友吃饭,但是我认为他在说谎。 Will claimed that he was dinning with a group of friends at the time of the murder,but in my opinion he told a lie. 3.一定程度上阅读速度与阅读技巧密切相关;有了阅读技巧,你就可以更好的应对课外阅读了。 To a certain extent,the speed of reading is closely related to reading skill;and with reading skill you can cope with outside class reading better. 4.根据规则他俩都可以参加比赛。 According to the rules they both can take part in the competition. 5.有些人想当然的认为日语中的每一个词在汉语中都有对应的词语。 Somebody assume that there is a Chinese equivalent for every Japanese word. 6.我们已将所有的相关信息告知了警方。 We have passed all relevant information on to the police. 7.关于那件事你问我再多的问题也没用,因为我是不会回答你的。 It’s no use asking any more questions about that matter because I won’t answer. 8.事先没有仔细阅读合同就签了名是吉姆的错。 It was a mistake on Jim’s part to sign the contract without reading it carefully. 9.他们拒绝向我们提供所需要的全部信息。 They refused to provide us with all the information we need. 10.这起事故与三年前发生的一起事故极为相似。 This accident is very similar to the one that happened three years ago. 11.这部电影是根据莎士比亚的戏剧改编的。 This film is based on a play by Shakespeare. 12.如果你的英语和电脑技能都掌握得好,那么你在谋职时就一定比别人更有优势。 If you have a good command of English and computer skill;you ill surely have an advantage over others in finding a job. 13.很多老师不赞同这种做法. Many teachers frowned on this practice. 14.当我想从草地上穿过去的时候,有位老人在旁边怒视着我。 When I was trying to cut across the lawn,an old man glared at me. 15.当我提到我的父亲时,她的脸上露出了认出我的笑容。 When I mentioned my father,she showed a smile of recognition. 16.我的大孩子比较听话,而小的那个比较倔。我现在还常回想起小的孩子在中学毕业后是如何执意要出国读书的。 My first child was quite obedient,while younger child was very stubborn.I can still recall now how the younger child insisted on going abroad to study after he finished his secondary school. 17.当海啸袭来时,许都东南亚国家遭受了巨大的损失。 When the tsunami stuck the area ,many countries in South East Asia sustained great losses. 18.每当做母亲的拿弟弟跟哥哥做比较,弟弟就要抗议。 Every time the mother tries to compare the younger brother with his elder brother,the younger one will protest.

大一上学期期末英语翻译复习资料

Uint 1 一、英译汉 1、Finally, with my mother red in the face and short of breath, we find Room 8.I unlock the door, and we all walk in.(介词with表示状态,不必直译) 等我们终于找到8号房间的时候,妈妈已经涨红了脸,累得上气不接下气,我打开门锁,我们都走了进去。 2、She impresses me, and I feel so ignorant that I shouldn't even breathe the same air as her. 她给我留下了深刻的印象,我觉得自己太无知了,甚至不配跟她呼吸同样的空气。 3、I don't know why I have to be introduced to literature, but the woman in the admissions office says it's a requirement even though I've read Dostoyevsky and Melville, and that's admirable for someone without a high school education.(翻译时将be introduced to literature译成主动语态更通顺) 我不知道为什么我非得了解文学。可是招生办公室的那位女士说虽然我读过陀思妥耶夫斯基和梅尔维尔的小说,虽然一个没上过高中的人能读这些书的确令人敬佩,但这门课是必修课。 4、I'm in heaven and the first thing to do is buy the required textbooks, cover them with the purple and while NYU book jackets so that people in the subway will look at me admiringly.(I'm in heaven不能直译成“我上了天堂”,应意译)我乐得飘飘然了,第一件事就是去买所需要的课本,然后用纽约大学紫白相间的护封把它们套起来,这样地铁里的乘客就会向我投来艳羡的目光。 5、Then the professor tells us ideas don't drop fully formed from the skies, that the pilgrims were, in the long run, children of the reformation with an

大一英语第一册翻译

1.这个婴儿还不会爬(crawl),更不要说走了。(let alone) The baby can't even crawl yet, let alone walk! 2. 威尔声称谋杀案发生时他正在与一群朋友吃饭,但是我认为他在说谎。(cl aim, in one's opinion) Will claimed he was dining with a group of friends when the murder happened, but in my opinion he told a lie. 3. 一定程度上阅读速度与阅读技巧密切相关;有了阅读技巧,你就可以更好地应对课外阅读了。(to a certain extent, relate …to …, cope with) To a certain extent the speed of reading is closely related to reading skills; and with reading skills you can cope with outside class reading better. 4. 根据规则他俩都可以参加比赛。(according to) According to the regulation/rule, they both can play the game/participate in the game. 5.有些人想当然地认为日语(Japanese)中的每一个词在汉语中都有对应的词语。(assume, equivalent) Some people assume that there is a Chinese equivalent for every Japanese word. 6.我们已将所有的相关信息告知了警方。(relevant) We have passed all relevant information on to the police. We have informed the police of all the relevant information. We have told the police all the relevant information. 7 关于那件事你问我再多的问题也没用,因为我是不会回答你的。(it's no use) It is no use asking me any more questions about that matter because I won't answer you. 8.事先没有仔细阅读合同(contract)就签了名是吉姆的错误。(on one's part) It was a mistake on Jim's part to sign the contract without reading it carefully. 9. 他们拒绝向我们提供所需要的全部信息。(provide …with) They refused to provide us with all the information we needed. 10. 这起事故与三年前发生的一起事故极为相似。(similar to) This accident is very similar to the one that happened three years ago. 11.这部影片是根据莎士比亚的戏剧改编的。(base on) The film is based on a play by Shakespeare. 12. 如果你的英语和电脑技能都掌握得好,那么你在谋职时就一定比别人更有优势。(have an advantage over) If you have a good command of English and computer skills, you will surely have an advantage over others in finding a job. 1.很多老师不赞同这种做法。(frown on) Many teachers frowned on this practice. 2.当我想从草地上穿过去的时候,有位老人在旁边怒视着我。(glare at) An old man glared at me when I was trying to cut across the lawn. 3.当我提到我的父亲时,她的脸上露出了认出我的笑容。(recognition) When I mentioned my father, she showed a smile of recognition on her face. 4.我的大孩子比较听话, 而小的那个非常倔。我现在还常回想起小的孩子在中学毕业后是如何执意要出国读书的。(whereas, stubborn, recall) My first boy was quite obedient, whereas my younger child was very stubborn. I can still recall now how the younger child insisted on going abroad to study after he finished his secondary school. 5.当海啸(tsunami)袭来时,许多东南亚国家遭受了巨大的损失。(sustain) Countries in South East Asia sustained great losses when the tsunami struck the area. 6.每当做母亲的拿弟弟跟哥哥做比较,弟弟就要抗议。(compare with, protest) Every time the mother tries to compare the younger brother with his elder brother, the younger one will protest. 7.当他初到这个新学校的时候,发现自己与其他同学格格不入。(fit in with) He found himself unable to fit in with his classmates when he first came to this school. 8. 她脸上气急败坏的表情实在把我吓坏了。我再也不敢说个不字。(terrify) The fury on her face terrified me. I dared not say no to her again. 9. 怪不得你最后闯出祸来,原来你从来不听你父母的管教。(no wonder, end up in trouble) No wonder you ended up in trouble. You never followed your parents' advice. 10. 他花了整整两年的时间才慢慢适应了这个新环境。(adapt to) It took him two years to adapt to the new environment.

相关文档
最新文档