1. — Guess what? I passed the English exam!
—______ C. Congratulations! __________
2. — I must go now. The plane will leave in half an hour. Thank you for seeing me off. —________ A. Good luck.____
3. —Will you be able to come to my birthday party this Saturday?
—____ D. Yes, I’d love to.
4. —Tom, this is Hack, Fred is ill in hospital.
—Oh, __ C. I’m sorry to hear that._______
5. —Excuse me, could you please tell me how to get to the railway station?
—B. Sorry, I don’t know. I’m new here. ____________
6. — Could I borrow your CD of English songs?
—____ B. I’m sorry. It’s not at hand now.
7. —Hello, Sally. How’s everything?
—____ D. Just so-so._____
8. — Waiter!
—__ A. Yes, sir? ______
9. — Hello, may I talk to the headmaster now?
— __ A. Sorry, he is busy at the moment _______.
10. — Do you think I could borrow your dictionary?
—____ C. Yes, help yourself ____.
11. — What can I do for you, madam?
—_ A. I want a kilo of apples _______.
12. — Do you mind telling me w here you’re from?
—_ D. Certainly not. I’m from London
13. —May I see the menu, please? I’ve been waiting an hour already.
—___ C. Here you are, sir ______.
14. —I want to look up a new word. Could you lend me your dictionary?
—_____B. Here you are. _______
15. —I’m sorry that the postcards you want to buy have been sold out.
—______ D. Oh, what a pity! _______
16. —Do you mind if I smoke here?
—__ C. Sorry, it’s forbidden here.________
17. — Do you think living in the countryside has more advantages?
—B. Well, it depends.____________
18. —You’ve won the basketball game. Congratulations!
—____ C. Thank you. We’re really lucky.________
19. — Excuse me, Sir. Could you hold the suitcase for me?
—____ D. With pleasure.
20. —Mom, I’m very sorry for having broken the plate.
—Oh, boy, __ A. it doesn’t matter._________
21. —It’s really nice of you to give me a hand in time!
—____ D. It’s my pleasure. ________