1.He was chosen ______ manager of the company.
C.an D the
2. ____ is the only animal that can speak.
C. The man
3. The advertisements in newspapers help to cut the____of
making the newspaper.
4.There is _______ water in the glass .isn‟t there?
A. a few
B. a bit of
5. I have bought _____ eggs .
A. two dozens
B.two dozen of
6.He is a student of________
A. Class First
C.The Class One
7. She is the one of the best students who ___ good at
8. This pair of shoes ____ to me.
9.Linguistics is worthy of _____.
A. to be studied
B. to study
C.being studied D studying .
10. What the teacher said meant ____ us a lot.
A. to help
D. being helped
11. They said nothing but___ TV.
A. to see
C.to look at
12.It‟s time that she ___ her homework now.
A. is doing
13. Tom had to work hard at English last year. _______?
B. doesn't he
D. wasn‟t he
14. Mary ______ in London since she ____ to work .
A. lives …starts
lived…started D.was lived… started
15. Success ______ those who ____ till the end.
A.belong to …persist
to…persist D belong to … persisted
16.We are going to do some shopping if it ___ rain next week.
17.It is the third time Li Lei _____ to Beijing .
18.All but your brother ____ disappeared.
19.He ___ up early since his childhood.
A. used to get
B.is used to get
C.had used to get
D. has been used to getting
20. Try____ be late next time.
A. don‟t to
21.I have some music to____
D. listen to
22. It is no use _____about this action.
A. to tell
23. Would you mind _____ the window?
A. to close
24. We have finished reading,now let‟s go on ___ some
A. to write
D. have wrtten.
25. He had his leg ___ in playing football.
A. break down
26. When and where to build the new factory____ yet.
A. isn't decided
B.are not decided
C.hasn‟t been decided
27. Every means ____ tried but without much result.
A. have been
B. have had
C. has been
28. No bird and no beast ____ in the lonely island.
A. are seen
29.The rich ___ not always happy.
第1 页共2 页